Core of the Bible
The Bible has an important message. It demands you to react to it. Since humans have to give account to God.
- “So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” (Romans 12 : 14)
The Bible tells us, how sin entered the world, about the consequences thereof, and how you can start a new life with God. Just read the following texts.
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: “ (Romans 5 : 12)
- “ For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. “ (Romans 6 : 23)
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10 : 9 – 13)
So, the Bible calls on you to believe in the Lord Jesus. The heart of the message can be summarized in this verse:
- “ For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3 : 17)
The Bible may be compared with a love letter. And rightly so. It is the most valuable letter a human being can receive. It describes God’s love towards mankind and at the same time it teaches us to love God and other people.
- "Jesus said unto him: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22 : 37 – 39).